Bay Medical listed among Top 50 Hospitals for Five Years
Bay Medical has been listed among the Top 50 Hospitals in the Nation for the years 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. The Top 50 list is compiled each year by a leading health care ratings organization and Bay Medical has made this list for five years in a row. To achieve such success, Bay Medical must show clinical excellence across a variety of services and over a period of many years. Some of Bay Medical’s other achievements include:
- Rated #1 in northwest Florida for Cardiac Care and among the Top 10% in the Nation for the last four years.
- 5-Star rated for Heart Attack treatment for the past eight years in a row.
- Ranked among the Top 5% in the National for Overall Pulmonary Services for five years in a row.
- 5-Star Rated for Treatment of Pneumonia for the past five years in a row.
- Ranked among the Top 10% in the Nation for the Treatment of Stroke.
- Ranked among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Critical Care and in the Top 10 for the State of Florida.
- Ranked among the Top 5% in the Nation for Overall Women’s Health for two years in a row.
Other Awards and Recognitions
Bay Medical has received numerous clinical distinctions, including the following recognitions:
- Certified Level II Trauma Center from the Florida Department of Health.
- Received two-year accreditation with commendation from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer 2014
- Received national accreditation as a Heart Attack / Stroke Center of Excellence, The Joint Commission 2014
- Received accreditation from the College of American Pathologists, Commission on Laboratory Accreditation of the College of American Pathologists 2014
- Recognized on Hospital Compare for mortality rates that are better than the national average for Heart Failure and Pneumonia
- Named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals, Solucient 2005
- Named one of the nation's 100 Performance Improvement Leaders, Solucient 2005
- Earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition, American Association of Respiratory Care 2005
- Received national accreditation as a Stroke Center of Excellence, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations 2004