What are the Benefits of Belonging at Bay?
People create a successful organization. Every person in our organization and the customer service they provide contributes to our overall success – helping to improve the health of the people and communities we serve. Bay Medical-Sacred Heart is committed to rewarding you for your contributions by providing the many Benefits of Belonging at Bay. Some benefits are available to all employees, while others are available to those who are hired into full-time or part-time positions. The list below represents a brief summary of the plans available.
- Employee Health Plan - A comprehensive health plan including prescription drug benefits is offered to help you and your family with the cost of healthcare expenses. Plan features include office-visit co-pays and coverage for routine services to promote preventive care. You can choose from a higher deductible “Base Plan” versus a lower deductible “Buy-up Plan”.
- Employee Dental Plan – With three plans to choose from, you can choose the coverage that best meets your needs including child orthodontia benefits. Each plan allows you to select any provider you choose.
- Vision Plan - Helps cover the cost of routine eye exams, eyeglasses and/or contacts.
- Flexible Spending Account - Allows you to set aside pre-tax dollars to use for payment of eligible health care or dependent care expenses.
- 401(k) Retirement Program - Employees may contribute up to 85% of before-tax compensation, up to the IRS–defined federal maximum limits, and select investment choices from several funds through BMO Retirement Services. Employer may match 100% of the first 3% contributed by the employee up to the IRS annual limitations.
- Life Insurance/AD&D – Basic term life benefit equal to one times your annual salary is provided by Bay Medical-Sacred Heart up to $525,000. Includes Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage.
- Voluntary Life Insurance/AD&D – Additional life insurance and AD&D is available for purchase for you and your dependents.
- Long Term Disability - This employer paid benefit pays a benefit if an eligible employee becomes disabled and cannot perform the duties of their job. The benefit equals 60% of basic monthly salary up to the maximum after a 180-day waiting period.
- Short Term Disability – Employees may purchase a plan to help cover the Long Term Disability waiting period. Benefits equal 2/3 of basic weekly salary up to maximum. May choose from 3 plans.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – Full-time employees accrue paid time to be used for used for vacation, holidays, short-term illness, and injury. New employees accrue 6.77 hours per pay period.
- Extended Illness Benefit (EIB) – Full-time employees accrue paid time to be used for long-term illness. A waiting period of 40 working hours must normally be satisfied before accessing. New employees accrue 13.23 hours per pay period.