The Gooding Institute of Nurse Anesthesia is currently establishing an affiliation with a regionally accredited educational institution and plans to enroll a class in the fall of 2015. The new affiliation must be approved by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA) prior to the enrollment of students.
Following notification of COA approval, the new class will commence in the fall 2015. Deadline for applications is November 1, 2014. Interviews will be scheduled for January 2015.
for everything you will need to apply.
Our current Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs status is listed below:
- Date of Last Review (DLR): January, 2013
- Next Review Date (NRD): October, 2022
- Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia
- Twenty‐eight (28) month program
- Ninety‐five (95) semester credits
- Single‐purpose (each course is directly related to anesthesia)
- Small classes
- One instructor per student in the clinical practicum
- No physician residents in anesthesia
- Established in 1969 (oldest nurse anesthesia program in Florida)
- ALL anesthesia techniques taught
- Clinical practicum begins the first week for immediate application of didactics
- All classes taught by anesthesia providers
- Analysis, evaluation, and decision‐making in patient care is emphasized as opposed to memorization
- Classroom links to anesthesia internet
- 10 year accreditation effective 2012 (maximum possible)