|Moms want to know: How to poison-proof your home|
Borrowers who practice responsible
Kids put anything in their mouths. But as little as a mouthful of items like medicine, cleaning product, antifreeze, windshield wiper fluid, pesticide, gasoline, kerosene or lamp oil may pose a serious threat to a child’s health. Your child is most likely to sample these things when your back is turned, company comes or your routine changes. To reduce the risk of accidental poisoning, follow these poison-proofing tips to make your home as safe as it can be:
- Store medicines, cleaners, paints, varnishes and pesticides in their original packaging and place them out of sight and reach of children. Throw away all expired or unused medicines and supplements and only keep the containers with safety caps.
- Install safety latches that lock when you close the door on all child-accessible cabinets containing harmful products.
- Never store poisonous products in food or drink containers.