|How to get your child to exercise|
It’s happening across the country—children are motionless while watching hours of TV, surfing the Internet and playing video games. How can you get your mini couch potato moving? Try these tips:
- Discover an inner athlete. Ask your child what sport or game he or she likes to play. The more a child enjoys an activity, the more likely he or she is to participate in it.
- Unplug. Reduce your child’s use of electronics to make time for other activities. Experts suggest that kids get no more than two hours of screen time a day, including TV, computers and video games.
- Get equipped. Keep balls, jump ropes and other toys around. Having fun gear in reach will prompt little ones to get up and play.
- Do it together. Act like a kid again and learn a new sport with your child. It’ll get you both moving while you spend quality physical time together.
- Make the first move. Your children may be more interested in joining the game if you’re the one pitching the first ball.