|5 steps to healthy fingernails|
Borrowers who practice responsible pa
- Keep them strong. Cut your nails straight across, with slight rounding at the edges, for maximum strength. Don’t file them to a point, which weakens them.
- Moisturize. Rub lotion into your nails when you moisturize your hands and after removing nail polish.
- Avoid infection. Don’t bite your nails, pull off hangnails or pick at cuticles. Never have your cuticles cut during a manicure.
- Safeguard them. If working with soap and water for long periods or with harsh chemicals, wear cotton-lined rubber gloves.
- Report any nail problem to your healthcare provider. You may need a prescription medication to clear it up. Some nail conditions can signal health issues.