|How can I help my child deal with acne?|
For a lot of kids, acne is a stressful and annoying reality of growing up. Hormones, heredity and bacteria are usually the culprits. Help your child prevent and treat acne by:
- washing problem areas with gentle skin cleansers
- avoiding irritants like greasy or oily cosmetics, sunscreens, hairstyling products and concealers
- trying over-the-counter treatments to dry excess oil and promote peeling
- washing anything that touches problem areas, especially the face. Keep hair clean and off your child’s face. Kids should avoid tight clothing and hats, especially if they’ll be sweating in them.
- asking your pediatrician about prescription treatments or antibiotics