Diabetes Self Management Training will teach you how to:
- Take care of your body
- Control your blood sugars
- Decrease the risk of complications associated with diabetes
- Taught in small groups where you get the opportunity to meet others with diabetes and share experiences
- Divided into 3 sessions that are 3 hours long. You come for 3 weeks in a row.
- By appointment only
- Require a referral from your Healthcare Provider
- Class schedule options:
- Tuesday mornings
- Wednesday afternoons
- Incorporate the National Standards for Self Management Education
- Taught by Certified Diabetes Educators
- What is diabetes…do I really have it?
- What type of treatment options do I have?
- Can I take care of diabetes by watching my diet?
- How do I test my own blood sugar…is it really necessary?
- What is a meal plan…do I have to give up all my favorite foods?
- Are carbohydrates bad for me?
- How do I go about making changes?
- How do I make sense of my glucose numbers?
- Will I still be able to eat at restaurants and have a glass of beer or wine?
- What do I do if I am sick?
- Is exercise good when you have diabetes or does it just help you lose weight?
- Am I at an increased risk for heart disease and high blood pressure?
- Am I supposed to count carbohydrates and fat?
- Will my diabetes get worse over time?
- Sometimes I feel I can do what I’m supposed to, sometimes I can’t… What do I do then?
- Can you teach me ways to see if I need to make a change in my treatment plan?
- Can you help me lose weight and keep active?
For additional information please contact us at (850) 770-3518