Interventional Radiology is a medical imaging specialty that uses x-ray and ultrasound guidance to perform minimally invasive procedures using needles, catheters, guide wires and other small instruments inserted within blood vessels or other pathways by physicians to diagnose and treat diseases. Bay Medical has two Interventional Radiology Suites staffed with experienced professionals dedicated to excellence in patient care. These Radiologic Technologists and Registered Nurses provide 24 hours a day, 7 day a week coverage for our patients and physicians.
Most Interventional Radiology procedures are usually not as invasive or traumatic to the patient as traditional surgery with less recovery time and can be less costly. The majority of the procedures are performed as outpatients without general anesthesia allowing the patient to return home the same day of the procedure.
Interventional Radiology Procedures performed at Bay Medical include:
• CT Angiographic Procedures
• Angiography with or without Angioplasty and/or Stenting
• Vascular Imaging
• Abdominal Aortic Angiogram Stentgraft Placement
• Radio Frequency Ablation of Tumors
• Uterine Fibroid Embolization
• Ovarian Vein Embolization
• Chemoembloization of Tumors
• Inferior Vena Cava Filters
• Dialysis Access including Declotting of Grafts and Fistulas
• Port catheter Placement
• Venous Access including PICC Lines and Tunnel PICC Lines
Please telephone the Imaging Services Secretary at 850-747-6581 for additional information or to speak with an Interventional Radiology employee.