- February 06, 2018
- General News
Childbirth and Breastfeeding Class
Saturday, February 17th
9 a.m.- 3p.m.
Women's and Children's Pavilion
615 N. Bonita Ave.
Breakfast and lunch will be served.
Join our caring, experienced staff for a free Childbirth and Breastfeeding Basics class to help you prepare for labor, childbirth, and breastfeeding. Our goal is to provide expectant mothers and their support person with information to help you make informed decisions about key issues surrounding your child's birth. Class meets one Saturday a month from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Women's and Children's Pavilion, 615 N. Bonita Ave. The class is located in the conference room on the first floor of the pavilion.
Register by calling 747-6182 or leave a voicemail at 747-6456, with your name, due date, and phone number.
Childbirth Topics Include:
- What to bring to the hospital
- Signs of Labor
- Role of the Support Person
- Breathing/Relaxation Techniques
- Pain Management Options
- Normal Progress of Labor and Birth
- What to Expect When the Baby Arrives
- What to Expect from Your Newborn
Breastfeeding Topics Include:
- Getting Off to a Good Start
- How to Know if Baby is Thriving
- Latch On and Positions
- When to Call for Help
- Community Resources
- Returning to Work and Breastfeeding