Bay Medical Center/Sacred Heart Health System is pleased to offer physicians, hospitals and other healthcare providers an easy way to access hospital transfers/admissions for their patients. One simple phone call will facilitate a hospital transfer or admission.
Transfer Admission Process – One Easy Phone Call
- Call (850) 747-6078 or 1-855-2GET BAY anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Physician or staff should provide details of your patient’s condition to the nurse who answers the phone.
- We will coordinate all the arrangements for the transfer or inpatient bed.
- For direct admissions, your patient will need to come to the hospital and enter through the Central Registration entrance.
- For ED to ED transfers the patient should be transported directly to the Emergency Department.
What We Need from You
- Patient’s name and date of birth.
- Level of care required (ICU, Medical Surgical, OB) and if isolation is required.
- If your patient is currently at another facility, please fax a copy of the face sheet to (850) 747-6731.
- Physician offices need to fax orders and demographic information to (850) 747-6731.
We will coordinate all aspects of the admission process, making it easy for you and your staff, ensuring a smooth and safe experience for patients and their families.
Direct Admission Guidelines
Acceptable Patient Transfers Include:
- Critical Care
- General Medicine
- Orthopedic & Spine
Patients Not Appropriate for Transfer:
- Long-term care patients requiring placement
- Psychiatric patients
- Major burns
Thank you for trusting your patient’s care to Bay Medical Center/Sacred Heart Health System.