Bay Medical provides state-of-the-art diagnostic and interventional radiology services, which include:
- Open MRI, conventional MRI and helical CT scanning, which provide the highest image quality available in a setting that is sensitive to the comfort of the patients
- Dual-camera nuclear medicine equipment with tomographic capabilities and superior image resolution for initial cancer staging and follow-up studies
- Ultrasound with high-density resolution and color-flow doppler, which provide information on tissue composition to determine need for surgical intervention
- Stereotactic and ultrasound-guided interventional procedures for minimally-invasive biopsy of abnormal tissues and relief of symptoms secondary to tumor obstruction
- Digital mammography in a private suite of the Outpatient Center with a focus on cancer screening guidelines
- Radiology services, which are available with extended hours of operation at the Outpatient Center from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Bay Regional Cancer Center is the only radiation cancer treatment center in Panama City that is accredited by the American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO). This prestigious ACRO accreditation has been certified by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
Bay Medical’s da Vinci Surgical System offers patients an even less invasive alternative to open surgery for many procedures. This robotic system gives the physician more precision, improved dexterity, and a better field of vision. To learn more about robotic surgery at Bay Medical, visit our Surgical Services page.