We are so sorry for the inconvenience but we are currently not offering childbirth classes. Classes will resume in January 2017.
Join our caring and experienced staff for a free course that teaches you the basics on how to prepare for labor and childbirth. Class meets from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Bay Medical Sacred Heart’s community board room. The board room is located across from the Uniform Shop on the first floor of the Women’s and Children’s Pavilion on Bonita Avenue. Take the hallway to the left at the Information Desk at Women’s and Children’s.
Register by calling (850) 747-6182.
Our goal is to provide expectant mothers with information to help you make informed decisions about key issues surrounding your child’s birth. We also want to minimize your concerns. Topics covered include:
- What to bring to the hospital
- Signs of labor
- Role of the support person
- Breathing/relaxation techniques
- Pain management options
- Normal progress of labor and birth by a midwife
- What to expect when the baby arrives
- Essentials in breast-feeding offered by a certified lactation consultant
- Newborn care
- Tour of our facility given by a Registered Nurse